Saturday, January 23, 2016

Dargo 867* Space Wars

This is the first Dargo minifig set I bought. It uses the replacement name Space Wars similar to SY. Dargo is the first brand who came out the characters from the Force Awaken Star Wars movie. Well, this set is a bit Dark, the characters is mainly from the Dark Side (first order) and mostly black or grey colored. Anyway, Sabine (from Star Wars Rebels) adds some colors to this dark set. Quality wise, at least it is better than what LeLe's early days, with some of the minifig having some detail fixtures, most of the printing is good, but mainly simple. Many came with dual face - Sabine has a girl and boy face - haha
The better figures - Sabine, TFATie fighter pilot (with breathing pipe), First order storm trooper, Kylo with dual head gear
The Astromech printing is a disaster
Buying all 8 boxes - 0ne can build a mini-lium Falcon and Tie Lighter
I think when this set was out, the SW TFA movie has not been shown yet. Hence they cannot put a face to Kylo Ren. But at least they got the CROSS Saber correct. Has a torn cape too.
Take off the helmet so that I can talk to you face to face
.Er.......


6 comments:

  1. Hi
    I saw a SWTFA set released from the brand OK having the old Han Solo. Where did you get the old Han-Solo from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I just use a white hair piece on a young solo,.... but the hairpiece is from an OK brand set. I did not buy the OK brand set, maybe selected figures only

      Delete
  2. I saw quite a few Star War minifig base on TFA movie. Did you get the other brands, and what's your preference? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I usually purchase from a street peddler. He is just a small time seller, his stock barely fills up half a car booth. His customer base is small, and being just a small street seller, he don't take many stocks. He usually takes SY and LeLe. Decool is very less as the cost price is higher.
      The other TFA sets (view from internet sales sites) actually did not come to my area. I only have Dargo. If you want info regarding TFA minifig comparison, you can visit other sites on the internet - My Brick Store blog has good info on SWTFA minifigs.

      Delete
  3. You did not buy any Star Wars big set from Lepin? They are quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I will buy it if it come over to my place, till now I do not see it selling over my place here, at a decent bootleg price. The street peddler I frequent do not get this as the set is quite big. I read comments that Lepin is quite Lego quality in terms of bricks, but not minifig

      Delete