Sunday, November 11, 2018

DLP 9080 Tony Stark

What seen cannot be unseen....
Who is this guy?
You do not recognize me?
I make weapons, ... but not this type...
...but THIS type
Come fly to me
Need to work on this armor flying approach
Thanos, what has you done to my face!
I will be back for revenge.....
Remember this scene from Infinity war?

I only got the one without the Iron Man helmet from this 8 minifigs set. The remaining are repeats of previous Iron man, do not know if Tony's face of those helmeted will be same as earlier release. For those that want to make another Big Iron man with blaster, then you can get all 8 boxes.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I have wanted to see that face in hi-res since I saw the lo-res product shots.

    This has even more printed details than the recent bricktober Tony Stark. The 360 printed legs. The hoodie piece. If LEGO had done it so thoroughly, their fanbois will still be drooling.

    So does the face work for u? It does for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, I too find the 360 detail in this set very good. Tony's face for the one with the hoodie is still acceptable, but somehow the others I feel its a bit weird. Anyway, there is many Tony face under the many minifigs of Iron man mask, so, those common looking one can be switch, only those with additional feature (spectacles) we have to maintain it.

      Delete
    2. Oh no! The second minifig has a weird face.

      The hoodie look different from the previous hoodies. This one look broken in the middle. New design?

      Delete
    3. Ha Ha, you too have the same perception as me. More weird faces to come. Anyway, as I mentioned, we can switch the face with previous Tony Stark from the many Iron man minifigs since there are being covered by the helmet on, just exchange them.
      The hoodie, I think it is incomplete mold, but somehow it works.

      Delete
    4. I see you switch Stark's face on the one with Thanos, and hair too.

      Delete
    5. Yep. As I said, I have a lot of Tony's face from previous Iron Man under the helmet...But anyway, I will still maintain the actual face that came with this minifig, I just swap for the photo shot.

      Delete