Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Decool 3333 - Famous car - Ferrari

This is Decool copy of Lego Technic Racer series, if not mistaken Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. Being 1:10 in scale, the finished model will be approx. 18 inches in length. For bootlego, this is the biggest and most expensive set bought todate from the street peddler, 1322 pieces. Good to take up some time during my kids coming school holiday.

Started assembling on the next nearest Sunday. Sorting the parts already takes close to an hour. Mainly assemble by my 10+ yr old. The box comes with two instruction books,: 71 pages + 55 pages. Although it states 6+ years, but I think it should be minimum 12 years of age as the linking (or instruction) is sometimes confusing and prone to error. An older child will appreciate the mechanism of all those gears, axles, drive shaft and replica parts (we even need to build the engine with pistons).
The contents of the box
The various Technic parts (but quality so-so)

Day one ( not full day) only complete till page 38, but most of the small parts are in the first few pages of book 1. Although my kid is quite eager to start, but the rest of book 1 is completed by me as my kid kinda lose interest after the engine portion and got bored fixing the various parts of the car frame.
end of book 1 ... so far so good

Book 2 is restart by my kid and we took around 2 weeks ( a lot of rest in between,  only spend more time during the weekends) to complete assembling the Ferrari.
Apart from a movable engine and steerable rotating wheel, all the doors can be open
BUT, there are missing parts in this kit, so Decool is not that good in quality control either. If it is 2-3 parts missing, I should say maybe due to my side of negligence, but it is more than 13 pieces parts missing. (mainly the small joints). So, I need to reconfigure some usage of the parts (replace with some extra pieces that comes along), in a way, not following the instruction on the parts to use in some portion of assembling. Somehow, I do not know if I assemble it wrongly or some of the instruction is not correct. At least I am able to complete the car with some minor detail missing (which I believe will overcome when I get some spares along the way).
Good Technic building block experience, but wait for your kids to be older
A good experience in building using Lego Technic clones bricks (without spending a fortune), but most probably I will not be getting any more big box set exceeding 1000 pcs until my child is older. Their patience and is not really present for detail builds.

7 comments:

  1. At least I am able to get some information of what to expect from Bootleg expensive set. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    The finished product looks good. Can you tell me how does the DeCool plastic compare to Lego?
    Many thanks.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan
      Lego plastic will always be better in fitting as well as finishing. Normal bricks part from Bootleg is ok, but Technic parts is not really accurate, sometimes it will be very tight, and some will be loose. Lego plastic is more glossy and, well, just feels "harder". Anyway, due to the big difference in cost, we usually accept this minor flaws. Only worry is wrong or missing parts.

      Delete
  3. Yes, you're right there are missing part....so how can I complete it

    ReplyDelete
  4. They still selling this set? It is hard for me to to advise as it has been a long time and I do not know what are the pieces missing, or should be consider as wrong pieces.Somehow I manage to piece it up together, I sacrifice some details, I think the side mirrors and some small details. If really unable to manage, think you can purchase the specific parts from LG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can i get part was messing model decool 3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I actually do not know. If it is really impossible to complete due to critical parts missing, maybe you need to google "Where to buy spare bootleg bricks" or "where to by missing Lego pieces". NO specific link for Decool 3333, bootleg brand is not like Lego.

      Delete