Saturday, October 28, 2017

SY670 Disney Marvel Mash-Up

This is how it looks when D-Studio decided to use their own characters to remake popular Marvel movies
Duckpool (SDCC minifig, almost)
THOR Quak-Na-Rock
Mouserine X - Scruffy
"Who are you calling Clown face" (Captain M - Civil War)
Spider-duck beachcoming
Bat-Rat (DC cross-over)
The minifigs legs are those movable shorter types. The capes "single hole" design in this set are not that good. Basically a fun set from SY. The duck characters designs are okay (beak printing has some flaw), but the mouse ones (especially MicHulk, it is horrible) and not to expectation for something from SY. Is SY clearing off their old torsos?

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe this is SY if I don't see the box. So messsy printing. Weird colour on faces.

    But I'll be buying a few. I like those short movable legs. I've been waiting for SY (or other brands) to reintro these legs since I bought their LOTR minifigs like wot ... 2-3 years ago. I forgot exactly. LEGO don't make movable short legs so bootlegs are the only option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ducks ares still acceptable, some even quite good, but the mouse; OMG!!! It's like the designer has something against Mickey.

      Delete
  2. How's the cluth and fit of the short legs? Tight?

    Nowadays maybe due to biz slowdown, my toy shops here very slow in bringing in new stuff. I still can't buy these yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually some of the legs are a bit too tight. Nothing loose though. Anyway. better tight than loose.
      The street peddler I frequent still brings in the stocks due to he has a few long term customers (one of them. me). There's also another location I go for my Decool and Lepin purchases. Pogo and Xinh still out of my reach.

      Delete