Saturday, February 25, 2017

SY622-1 and SY622-7

This month is actually the LGBatman movie month. OriLG has came out with a set of minifigs from the LGBatman movie and there're quite a few interesting ones. Some bootlego brand released them, but not (yet) from SY.
Here is one release from SY base on last years disappointing BVS movie. 8 boxes set - 4 in 1 feature, meaning buying 4 minifigs will enable one to build a big vehicle, which is really not so good looking (the vehicle).
Soft Bat cape, or....
Open hard wing cape with Torso Armor 
Dark vs. Light
Next is SD622-7, Marvel's X-Men Quicksilver, not the Avenger Quicksilver, although both belong to Marvel, but under different movie company - who do you prefer?
The accompanying build - translucent dish with metal tentacles, do not know what it is, but as mentioned, it will form part of a 4 in 1 vehicle build. Does not come with dual face. Really love that T-Shirt with Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon album cover (meaning this fig is base from X-Men Days of Future Past)
Why the dynamite and that round thing he is standing on....
♫  Sweet dreams are made of this ♪
One can view another two minifig from this SY622 release which were posted earlier under the Mutants title

12 comments:

  1. I succumbed and bought ori Alfred Pennyworth for RM40. I'll likely pick up Dick Grayson too for around RM18 when I bricklink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that butler minifig is a unique one, owing an OriLG minifig does make one "feels good". I am waiting for the DLP 9042 Batman set to come by, although it do not really resembles the ori released, but still it is Batman variants.

      Delete
    2. At RM40, I'm not feeling exactly good about it. I set my limit for minifigs at RM20, RM25 max. This time I feel I overspent. But I couldn't resist getting that flesh coloured botak hairpiece. This is my third and the most expensive original minifig I bought so far.

      But bro, for LEGO fans ... RM40 for minifigs is nothing. Here I am ranting while hardcore fans easily splurge ten times in one shopping spree.

      Since the day TLBM stuff leaked online, I've been shocked how successful it is. So many LEGO fans love and bought them. I admit saying to myself, only hardcore LEGO fans will fall for batman minifigs in wacky costumes. But boy was I wrong.

      I wonder which superhero will LEGO pick next after Batman.

      Delete
    3. Yep, some top LG minifigs pricing can goes to $1000s+.

      LG Batman is a lava-ble character, even from the first LG movie he is one fun character. Maybe due to LG is depicting the lighter side of him instead of the darker side (unlike BVS), hence this made Batman gaining quite a lot of fans in addition to those hardcore fan.

      There's a quote: "Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman, then always be Batman"

      Delete
    4. The quote is awesome :D

      I have place an order with this KL guy who sells bootleg minifigs and sets in facebook: 'brick7'. I ordered Pogo The Penguin and Alfred Pennyworth. Yea, another Alfred but this time bootleg one for RM5. And I'm buying Penguin for his hat and closed umbrella, which I really like.

      After TLBM, I think the next wave is Ninjago movie sets. Not a theme I'm fond of to be honest. This year my wallet is safe from Lego temptation.

      Delete
    5. Yah. Must be from some hardcore Batman Fan.
      I visited the 7-chai FB (brick7), so, POGO did release some LGBatman movie minifigs. I will search my area here and see if POGO is available. Seldom see it over here, even after visited many areas. I like that Metal-Kiss mask Batman.
      I like those bad guys from Ninjago more than the Ninjas, but will still get them Ninjas if there are different variats.

      Delete
  2. Movie character wise, the X-Men Quicksilver is more fun, and still alive

    ReplyDelete
  3. And being the unknown son to Magneto, there will be a lot of development for this character in the future X-Men movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, you saw any minifig release of Quicksilver base on the new XMen Apocalypse movie?

      Delete
    2. I mainly seen him in Pink Floyd T. Maybe ori Lego has it

      Delete