Thursday, January 5, 2017

Welcome 2017 - This and That

2017 is already here ..Happy New Year
Here are some of "this & that" purchases from last year which I did not post....(or forgotten I have posted)

AOU Mini Hulk from SY. What's that big round thing with a handle at the back??? His hair looks smart huh?
Thor, I have made my own Mjolnir
Following the Pokemon (GO)  Craze of 2016 .This Charizard figure need to be assemble with a mechanism linking the wings, tail and mouth, hence activation of any one will move the other two. Hands and feet are pose able. (not a bootlego type toy) Size similar with those big fig.

The Pirate sword toy, poke the wrong hole and the pirate will jump out. Fun during parties. This toy also functions as a coin box.... is this hinting a Jackpot play mode?
There is treasure inside the barrel
This is not a toy, but a power bank of a purple Totoro. My girl love it. Teeth lights up when full power. To them, its a toy.
Brush your teeth always to look like mine
Transparent Ninjago minifigs from DLP. Set of 8 including the usual coloured Ninjas. I only got them villains

Cheap brick toy from unknown brand. Just imagine fitting, finishing plastic quality are twice as bad as the usual bootlego brand. They came out with the Cars3 characters. I just get Mater.
I may look cheap, but my crane is functional
Decool bigfig Ironman IGOR. Has been around for quite some time. Very good release from Decool. One of the top.
Cool
Sembo ship series, came out 4 in their initial release. I just got one.
Pink?

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    Batman is all the rage at LEGO now ... both the minifigures and official sets. Are you buying any?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New year to you !!

      Is is due to the release of the LEGO Batman movie? My usual street peddler is no more selling bootlegos minifigs, so, cheap sources are hand to find now.

      Delete
  2. Yes the LEGO Batman movie. And it comes with a lot of merchandise to milk our pockets, if you're into Batman. Luckily I'm not or else my wallet will bleed :D

    I am very tempted to buy this minifig tho, Alfred the butler ...

    https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?_refreshrnd=61866&M=sh313#T=I

    ... which is selling for about RM40-50 (minifig only) locally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woh - That Butler is one hell of Kick Butt cost.
      I thought you are referring to those blind-bags base on the LG Batman movie, the one with the pink fairy batman (haha) and a few others.

      http://jaysbrickblog.com/2016/11/23/here-are-all-20-minifigs-from-the-lego-batman-movie-minifigure-series/

      Delete
  3. The butler comes with a great hairpiece - flesh coloured bald head. Too bad its so expensive because it belongs to big set. I wouldn't mind if its around RM20.

    The blind bags are getting more expensive. Last time it was RM12 per minifig. Now its close to RM20. Singapore price hike worst still. If you collect a set of 20, you pay!

    The only minifig I'm buying from this set is Dick Grayson, just for the red sweater. How about you? The pink fairy? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pink Batman is really funny, also the Vacation Batman with the ducky float. Anyway, ori is just too ex for me.
      Yep, the bald-headpiece is really unique, maybe in the future we will not see studs on bald headed minifigs.

      Delete
  4. So where are you buying your toys from now on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still dunno, bro .... the street peddler still selling some bigger boxes set, he just don't stock minifig anymore due to he says many just buy the heroes and he is left with the villains ( he call them the "cold doors") which do not sells.
      Maybe I will be TaoBao-ing in the near future. The last fig I bought last year is Igor, and it is Expensive as I got it from dept store.

      Delete
    2. Taobao usually you have to buy entire sets of minifigs. I think very soon local sellers, those that sell it cheap won't let us choose. My regular toy shop also complaining the same.

      Delete
    3. Yes, the seller prefer us to take the whole set of 6 or 8. Normally I do not mind for the first set specific release of certain characters from a show, but when the same brand release and another brand release similar characters with just a few additional, that is when the need to select only those "extra's" non similar characters.

      Delete
  5. But there are a lot more bootleg minifigs in Taobao I can't find in local toy shops.

    https://shop119449435.world.taobao.com/search.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-14923195470.105.xtvi3x&_ksTS=1484144618605_359&callback=jsonp360&mid=w-14923195470-0&wid=14923195470&path=%2Fsearch.htm&search=y&orderType=newOn_desc&pageNo=1#anchor

    ReplyDelete
  6. RMB4 is around RM3 (if still sustain), do not know how much they charge for shipment, may need to buy quite a few to cover the cost.

    ReplyDelete