Sunday, August 2, 2015

BootLego and All Sorts

It has been one full year since I started this blog. Initially, this blog was created just for the memory of  the toys my kids and I spend our time together, as well as all the other items and activities of interest (the all sorts). It was never meant to be a review site for any toys or places.

Somehow due to the popularity of "BootLego-s", I find myself buying more mini figures (minifigs) and brick related toys vs.other, hence this blog have more posting on brick toys and minifigs rather than other type of toys. Hence, maybe I should rename the blog as "BootLego toys and all sorts".
Heroes visiting the Spasskaya tower
I even find myself starting to collect them bootlego minifigs. This is because those minifig depicts the characters so well that it is a very good visual memory re caller for characters from movies, cartoons, comics, digital games, events and even famous celebrities, and them bootlegs brand made it more affordable and with more varieties. For those that collect minifigs (original or bootlegs) you will know how to relate to this. I don't really call myself a collector, I just collect what come (selling) at my area. I try my best not to buy duplicates of the same characters, but sometimes unavoidable. Below are some similar characters but different in one way or another .....
I remember it is hard getting the first decent Black Widow (BW) from bootlegs
(LeLe BW, Black BW, Clevage BW, Pre-AOU, AOU hairstyle BW)
Fury, Fury with coat, Fairer Fury, AOU Fury
Comic Thor, 1st Avenger Thor, Dark suit Thor, Helmet blue suit Thor, AOU Thor
Shades of GREEN
Decool 1st Avenger HawkE (dual face), Comic HawkE, Classic Purple HawkE, SY HawkE, AOU HawkE
The many variations of CapA (forget to include the baby face AOU variant)
The minifig I have the most variant will of course be Iron Man, due to the various Mk armor suits he has. Spiderman and Batman have the most identical repeats due to the various big boxes and vehicle set purchased.

Even though this was never meant to be a review site, somehow the sharing of opinions and memory make this blog looks like another review site. Anyway, there are many good toys review sites out there, especially for bootlegos. For visitors who came to this site just to get some quick or short review, you're welcome. It has been one good year of Bootlegos (and for Dinosaur).
The Dinosaur (Jurassic World) out gross the Super Heroes (Avengers) in the box office this year
Due to mainly now mostly buying brick toys, hence I renamed this blog as "Brick Toys and all sorts"

3 comments:

  1. Like that last picture showing one of the scene in the latest Dino -Jurassic World movie. On the minifigure, how come the hand and leg can be spread out? It does not look like a lego minifig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Can you provide me the detail - brands for those Black Widows?
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete